Diamonds are one of the world’s most beautiful things on this earth. A diamond is formed from a piece of coal that went through high-pressure and extreme heat. Yet with a diamond the results are clear. I think the strength of women is very much the same. A “strong woman” wears the look of confidence on her face, but a “woman of strength” wears grace. We were put here on earth for one purpose to serve others. We are a gift to this world. If I do nothing else in this life I want to encourage other women to find strength in themselves. Don't give your power away! “A strong woman has faith that she is strong enough for the journey but a woman of strength has faith that it is in the journey that she will become strong" - www.visionimpressions.com/poems/women

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

STRENGTH OF WOMEN: The story of Ruth- During the time of the Judges when there was a famine, an Israelite family from Bethlehem – Elimelech, his wife, Naomi and their sons Mahlon and Chilion – immigrate to the nearby country of Moab. Elimelech dies, and the sons marry two Moabite women: Mohlon marries Ruth and Chillion marries Orpah. The two sons of Naomi then die themselves. Naomi decides to return to Bethlehem. She tells her daughters-in-law to return to their own mothers, and remarry. Orpah reluctantly leaves: however, Ruth says,”Entreat me not to leave you, or to turn back from following you: For wherever you go, I will go: And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God, Where you die, I will die, and there will I be buried. The Lord do so to me, and more also, if anything but death parts you and me.” (Ruth 1:16-17) Ruth could not be budged. She had shared loneliness, anxiety and grief with Naomi, and now that the older woman was completely alone, Ruth would not abandon her. The two women then return to Bethlehem. The story continues to talk about how Ruth works in the barley fields to support them, meets Boaz and later marries. BUT what stuck out to me most of this story is the true loyalty and friendship from Ruth to Naomi. Strength of women’s friendship is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment